The National Elections Commission, (NEC) has vacancy for the position of COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT in its Communications Section. Successful applicant will be assigned at NEC’s Headquarters in Monrovia, Montserrado County.
- Applicant must be able to work with others as team player, as well as being able to work alone and under strenuous condition.
- She/he must be able to work with courtesy and professionalism at the NEC headquarters in Monrovia.
- Must be willing to travel across the country when required.
Terms of Reference
Under the supervision of the Director of Communication, the Communication Assistant shall perform the following duties:
- Assist the Director prepare press releases, statements and distribute them to media houses and other designated places;
- Help to plan, organize and produce the official newsletter and other complementary publication for the commission;
- Follow up communication to Finance and other sections within the NEC for feedback;
- Participate in the dissemination of internal press information to particular area to enhance free flow of information within the Commission;
- Participate in activities intended to give positive image of the Commission internally and external;
- Help to establish contact with media institution to ensure that they understand electoral package and keep abreast of their reportage as it relates to the Commission;
- Perform other assignments designated by the Commission through the Director of Communication.
Qualification and Experience
- BSC in Communication or its equivalent;
- Minimum three (3) years working experience in the field of Communication;
- Must be able to work in Micro-soft word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in English and excellent oral, written and communication skills;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving.
Deadline for submission of all applications is June 19, 2021