The National Elections Commission is looking for a versatile Deputy Director for Data Center with a proven record of highest data integrity, to assist the Data Center Director. The successful candidate will assist in managing the Commission’s Data Systems. This positions reports to the Director of the Data Center.
The Deputy Director responsibilities shall include; building scalable data-driven applications, software, and will also resolve network related issues, as well as ensure that all computing operations within the Commission are maintained with optimum industry standards, procedures and performance.
The Deputy Director must have an excellent ability to solve problems using in-depth understanding of Microsoft .NET Framework (C# programming Language and Microsoft SQL Server). Demonstrate adequate knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle.
The Deputy Director will be assigned in the Data Center of the Commission, and must be willing to work with others, as a team player, as well as being able to work alone and under strenuous conditions, with courtesy and professionalism at the NEC’s headquarters. Be willing to travel across the country when required.
Deputy Director’s Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Management of the Data Center.
- Develop Data-driven solutions for the Commission.
- Assist in managing all election-related data for the Commission.
- Coordinate Data Management efforts during Candidate Nomination periods.
- Assist in managing Data Center servers and solutions for the Commission.
- Generate election results and reports for all electoral processes.
- Perform all other duties as will be required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have relevant Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCPD/MCSE) with good working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of experience in Software Development on the .NET Framework 4.0 and above.
- Advanced knowledge of C# Programming Language and Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 – 2016, with Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) will be highly expected.
- Experience in Reports Development using SAP Crystal Report for Developers
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
All applications should be addressed to: The Director of Human Resource, National Elections Commission.
Deadline for applications is: Monday, February 15, 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.