Regional Coordinator (Region IV)
The National Elections Commission is in urgent need of a versatile election practitioner for the position of Regional Coordinator for Electoral Region #4 covering (Maryland, Grand Kru, Sinoe, & PRiver Gee).
Regional Coordinator’s Responsibilities:
- Assist the overall planning, management and implementation of the electoral operational;
- Work in close cooperation with election magistrates and assistant magistrates in the region to ensure effective capacity building;
- Assist the election magistrates in the development of an effective internal reporting mechanisms;
- Assist election magistrates in the coordination of all personnel and material movements in compliance with the directives of the NEC Operations Department ;
- Assist the election magistrates in developing appropriate procedures and mechanisms for coordinating each component of the electoral process;
- Be the focal point for all communication between HQ and magisterial offices in the region;
- Report to the Deputy Executive Director for Operations, as required, on ongoing field coordination activities and field situations; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director for Operations and the Commission.
Regional Coordinator’s Qualification
- University degree preferably in the Social Sciences or related field;
- Previous experience in election field coordination, logistics and electoral training;
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an effective and timely manner;
- Fluency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to harmoniously work with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexibility and willingness to live and work in hazardous conditions involving physical hardship and little comfort.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resource
National Elections Commission
Tubman Boulevard, 9th & 10th Streets
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2020